Monday, August 31, 2015

Tech Tips: Blogger Template

I was so excited when I saw this in the tech tips! I've been wanting to change the layout of the blog since I started it. I didn't make very many drastic changes, but I think it looks a bit cleaner and more interesting.

I changes the background image to the picture with books to reflect the literature focus of the class, and maintained a strong orange-ish pallet throughout (turmeric-tinged is the name of the blog after all). I moved the "About me" gadget to the footer where it doesn't distract from the organizational gadgets, and I widened the main column to take up some of the empty space on the sides. Finally I changed the main post font to "Merrywether" for a bit more polished look, and made the "titles" of everything into "Rock Salt" which has a bit more of a hnadwritten feel that I think really emphasizes the storytelling aspect.

All in all, these were very simple edits that took me maybe 7-8 minutes to do, but I think the blog looks waaaaaaaay better. Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog has a beautiful layout, along with a fantastic title. Reading your tech tips has made it easier to understand how to update my blog, although I feel like it’s a little late in the game for that. Then again, you did mention that this took less then ten minutes altogether, so maybe I’ll work on my blog layout over the weekend in my spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the layout of your blog. Thank you for sharing your tip on how to update my blog. This would have been useful if i had seen this earlier when the year started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this with me! I am still using the default setting of the blogger template. I really should add more colors in it and change its layout. Your blog has a very warm background color, which makes me very comfortable when I was browsing your blog. I may not change the fonts in my blog because I like my fonts to be normal. I want my visitors read my topics easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blog template you’ve selected for this class. It looks very clean and organized, but the images are also very vibrant exciting. I think that I might change my blog template as a tech tip in the next couple weeks. I know the semester is almost over, but better late than never I suppose! Thanks for sharing your experience with this tech tip!

    ReplyDelete