Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Looking Back

Looking back , I think the first half of the semester has been pretty good. I think I've learned a lot from the readings and also from the writing exercises. My portfolio project is going pretty smoothly, and I've definitely gotten some ideas from some of the other students on what I can do to improve my project even more. I loved going through both of the epics, and I don't know if I could pick a single favorite scene or reading from between them. I have learned that I tend to read in big chunks, and it's really hard for me to break up big readings into little sections to read over a number of days.

The fact that this class is entirely online hasn't been too much of an issue. I feel like I do a decent job of managing my schedule. I typically work on class materials for an hour every day or so, because that's what fits my schedule at the moment. I'm not sure if I've really connected with any of the other students yet, but I'm sure that will happen in the second part of the course. I typically work on this class in my apartment, in the evenings, after I've done everything else I need to do for the day. I'd like to try to work ahead a bit more so it's not such a constant stream of homework, but it's really hard to find time.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to do any of the extra credit activities yet. I am really interested in the growth mindset challenges, and I know I would be able to get a lot out of the curating activities, so I'll try to do more of those as the semester progresses.

Looking back on the semester; source: flickr



1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love the blog title. That is so creative! Also, I just want to encourage you in your attempt to get your schedule together in a more efficient manner so you can be more on top of everything with this class. That is what I am working on. It is surprising a little more difficult than I would have thought, but it is possible!

    ReplyDelete