Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Reading Diary B: Peter Brooks Mahabharata

For this reading diary, I'm still making my way through Peter Brook's version of the Mahabharata. I'm really enjoying the film so far, and I like how it feels more like a theatrical piece. The "special effects" and costumes are all very basic, and nothing is too dramatic or over the top, which I think would have been really easy to do.
Director Peter Brook; Source wikimedia
The story of the film seems to be holding pretty close to the original, other than the more prevalent "story-within-a-story" elements. Still, the whole theatrical aspect definitely gives me some ideas for how I could write a story that's more drama-oriented. I'm really looking forward to watching more of the film next week and seeing how all of the action at the end is portrayed on screen.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jacob. I have already commented on your introduction so I will be commenting on your Reading Diary. You seem to be doing a good job with the reading diary this week. I might also try to read Peter Brook’s version of the Mahabharata. For my reading diaries I tend to divide up the story under segments such as “exile of Rama” and then just comment on them like that. That can be an idea you use in the future if you want to. Good job so far.

    ReplyDelete