Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Reading Plan

I think for the rest of the semester, I want to focus on the two epics from the beginning of the class. This will allow me to work with the stories in a number of very different formats and styles, and hopefully that will help to inspire me to write my stories in equally eclectic ways. For weeks 9 and 10, I think I will read The Missing Queen. This story seems really entertaining, and it's gotten such a rave review from Laura, I think I have to check it out. For weeks 11 and 12, I really want to watch Peter Brook's version of the Mahabharata. I loved seeing the Ramayana in a film version so I'm hoping that this movie will be as equally enjoyable. For weeks 13 and 14, I want to read the graphic novels from the Mahabharata. Personally, I've always been a fan of graphic novels, and these stories will make me go to the library, which will probably be good because I might not have the motivation to do so otherwise.
Read ALL the books! source: pixabay

1 comment:

  1. I was also trying to decide on if I wanted to branch out with the readings or just stick with the epics that we have been reading about and gaining a better understanding of those. I also decided to pretty much stick with the epics from the beginning and just looking at them in different ways. I do think that it will be interesting to see how the stories differ between each other.

    ReplyDelete